Tuesday, July 10, 2012

beating heart.

I was about 10 when my depression started, 
or at least when I started becoming weird (Mary, you know what I mean)
I kept to myself.
 I doubt anyone could tell I was feeling this way because, 
I hid behind pastel colored shirts and a jump rope.
Little did everyone know.
Every day, after school, I would go up to my mother's classroom and listen to this song.
I would have strange, depressing thoughts as I sat in front of a computer while my mother forgot I was there.
I dug deep within myself, exploring the darkest parts of a prepubescent mind. 
And it lasted for 6 years.
This song brings back pretty evil memories, BUT it's pretty.
Only recently have I been able to fight depression. 
I surround myself with young, innocent minds and an everlasting friend
I let go of the boy who broke my heart and replaced him.
I cried in the arms of the girl who took care of me when no one did 
and, I don't know how but, it helped me get over hate.
So basically, religion is super cool
and this is crazy.
*click on underlined words*

2 comments: